Thursday, August 15, 2013

Teacher Week '13 - Wednesday Organizing!

 
Hey Y'all! 
It has been a busy week!  I'm still in the middle of rearranging organizing my classroom.  If you stopped by yesterday, you read about how I had gotten my room ready and then changed my mind and decided to twirl things around!  So now, I'm digging out!  I worked all day and I'll work all day tomorrow too!  Maybe, just maybe, I'll have it all put back together by tomorrow afternoon!
 
I've had a couple of things slow me down.  Two of the plastic supports for my wooden shelves broke apart and now I'll have to go to Home Depot or Lowe's on the way to school in the morning.  Uggg. 
 
 
This is a picture of leveled book shelves in my room.  I have a LOT of books!  There are lots of ways that you can organize leveled books but because we use the Guided Reading Letter Leveling, I have my books organized in that way.  
 
Scholastic.com has a great link to help level books!  Here's a link from their website that shows a comparison for the leveling system.
 
 
 
 
And here's a helpful link to the Scholastic Book Wizard!
You can plug in a book and find out the reading level! It makes quick work of finding out the reading level of the books in the classroom!  I hope you love it as much as I do!
 
 
 
Scholastic - Read Every Day. Lead a Better Life 
 
 

 Thanks to Blog Hoppin' for this fun Teacher Week Linky Party!







 I hope you're having a great week!  Thanks for stopping by to check out the Wednesday Organizing for Instruction Post!

See you for tomorrow's post!
 Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment