I love doing the Linky Party thing! It's always fun to see what everyone is doing and to gain inspiration and motivation!
So, here we go!
1. I've been shopping!! I've been to lots of Dollar Hollers to pick up some
2. I've been working on the Kindergarten Common Core Curriculum and I've posted it as a TpT Freebie and a Facebook Fan Freebie too! The standards are put into a monthly format over the school year to help align our lessons to the Common Core! Did I mention that it's a FREEBIE?
3. Reading and Reviewing and Revisiting! I love to take a look and reread those books that are so important to the beginning of the school year! Then I also try to find something new to read, either a short article or a piece by another teacher author. Here are a few of the books that I like to revisit before school starts and that I've already started rereading!
4. I work on my school daily schedule! Here's an outline of what I start with and then I add and tweak what I need to each week because in Kindergarten we just have to be flexible!
Schedule for the Beginning of the Year
Daily Schedule: Here is a general schedule for our classroom. We’ll add on activities as we go, but this will give you a framework for our busy days!
8:05-8:15 Attendance, Lunch Count, Pledge
8:15-8:30 Handwriting Without Tears
8:30-10:00 Calendar/Songs/Phonemic Awareness
Reading Activities/Interactive Writing
10:00-10:45 Math Investigations
Mon. – Music Tues. – P.E Wed. – Tech Tools Thurs. – Art Fri. - Music
(Library on Thursdays at 10:15)
11:25-11:35 Clean Up/Ready for Lunch/Mystery Box
12:30-12:50 Teacher Read/SSR/Guided Reading
12:50-1:30 Writer’s Workshop
1:30-2:05 Centers/Guided Reading
2:05-2:15 Clean Up/Pack Up/Ready to Go
5. I try to spend a little time relaxing! It's nice to be home, following my own schedule and routine! It's nice to take time to plan and create some delicious food for myself and my sweet hubby! Every weekend I look forward to spending time with my smart, beautiful girls! We're having a Waffle Breakfast this weekend! You are welcome to join us for good food, good fun and great conversation!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post! I love to link up with new friends and old friends!
Have a great week! See you soon!
Thanks Doodle Bugs!
I would love for you to follow me! That way we can be connected!