Saturday, August 17, 2013

Teacher Week '13! Friday- Tips and Tricks!



This week has been so busy!  I'm posting this a day late, but better late than never!  LOL!

If you're a teacher and you're reading this, you probably have lots of tips and tricks already!  I've been thinking about how to add additional opportunities to communicate classroom activities with parents.  I already write and send home a weekly newsletter.  It contains weekly info about what we're learning in Reading/Lang. Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies.  I also use it to tell about upcoming events, birthdays, PTO happenings, school and district events.  I list sight words and specific things to work on and I also promote opportunities to purchase great books and other products from Scholastic. 

So I've decided to create an email list and send the newsletter electronically to parents.  That way, if they prefer, they can read the newsletter online, forward it to grandparents and caregivers or just print the sections they want to keep.  I will still send a hard copy, but I think that this will encourage them to read about what's going on in Room A-1 and to be more informed on a weekly basis. I think it will also help to keep lines of communication open with parents that do not live in the same home as their child.  In the past, I've often sent 2 newsletters home with a kiddo, one for each parent, but I'm not sure if the newsletters make it to each parent.  Sending newsletters online should help with that! 

I'll let you know how it goes!  Thanks for stopping by to read this blog post! 
This is the end of the posts for Teacher Week '13!  I hope you've enjoyed reading about all the fun Teacher Week topics and I appreciate your kind comments and questions!
Thank you so much to Blog Hoppin! for hosting this Teacher Week '13 Blog Hop!!
Enjoy the start of this new school year! 
Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment