Saturday, August 17, 2013

Teacher Week '13 - Thursday Taming The Wild!

 


Well, I'm playing catch up this weekend!  I've been working day and night to get ready for my first day back to school! 

This post is going to be short and sweet!  My classroom management routine is pretty simple.  Short and simple directions, lots of praise and encouragement and a logical consequence if my friends are not doing the right thing.  I'm super consistent because I think that's the key to success with behavior management. 

Each month I give every child a copy of a blank calendar.  To be consistent with the school wide behavior plan, I mark the calendar day with the behavior letter each kiddie earned.  At the end of the week the kiddies can earn a prize from my prize box!  They can also earn rewards for great table teamwork, small group teamwork or individual behavior each day!  

I don't have a classroom chart that shows who has great behavior or one that shows the degrees of behavior because there are always a few friends that need more encouragement and structure than others.  In Kindergarten we are learning about good behavior and how to have good behavior.  I don't want to set a negative tone for the whole day by visually reminding a kiddo of a behavior problem.  I would rather use the problem as a learning experience and a teaching moment, redirecting the behavior and the kiddo so that it ends on a positive note! 
Thanks Blog Hoppin'!

Tame those Wild Ones!  We can do it!
Have a wonderful week!

Kimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment