Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Christmas Questionnaire Link Up! So Fun!


Hey, Hey and Ho, Ho, Ho!!

 
I'm linking up with my friend Michelle of Fabulous in First
to answer some holiday questions! 
I love, love the idea of meeting some new friends, learning about what others are up to during the season and getting some great ideas for Christmas!
 
Thank you Michelle for inviting me to play!
 
 
http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/


So without further delay, here are the answers to the holiday questions! 

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Neither.  Unless the Hot Chocolate is made with Almond Milk and Vegan Dark Chocolate!  Can't get that at the drive-up window! 

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree?
When I was a little girl, my parents didn't wrap presents.  They waited until we went to sleep, got everything out and arranged things in piles, one for each kiddo.  Then as soon as mom and dad passed out from exhaustion, we were up, running around and screaming like crazy birds, about all the wonderful things that Santa brought! Sweet chaos!

I wrap all the gifts for my girls.  I always make sure that they have the same number of gifts so that when they take turns opening, neither is left without a gift turn.  Sometimes I save silly boxes and put their gifts inside!  I've wrapped jewelry in empty Wheat Thins boxes or gift cards in Mike and Ike candy boxes!  Hilarious!

Colored lights or white? 
White lights are best!  I like to decorate my tree with different colored ornaments each year.  I have mostly red ornaments on my tree this year.  Next year I might use white on white!



When do you decorate?
Whenever I can wrestle my girls into helping me!  Usually it's the week after Thanksgiving because I'm exhausted from cooking for 2 days to get ready for the holiday!

Real or Fake Tree?
Fake now.  We used to have a real tree.  I love the smell of a real tree.  We would go to the Tree Farm in the town where we used to live and trudge around in the frozen mud to find the perfect one.  We'd cut it down, drag it to the car, load it up and then feel guilty for cutting down such a precious and beautiful tree.  One year when the girls were little, we had a Blue Spruce in our yard that was growing sideways and needed to be cut down.  We waited until Christmas so that we could use that sweet little tree in the house.  After that year, I bought a fake tree!


What Tops Your Tree?
A star.  It's kind of folksy.  It looks good!

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
Cookies, cookies, cookies. We always baked thousands of cookies, cakes, pies and candies!  My mother was a baker at heart!  We made such wonderful treats, some to keep but most to share.  I'm sure that's how I came to love baking so much! 

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
I remember I always got a doll, every year.  I do remember one year getting a cool, light blue, manual typewriter!  It came in its own case!  I know!  I thought it was the greatest!  Here's a funny connection!  In high school, I won a medal for typing! LOL!

Do prefer giving or receiving? 
Giving!  I love to give to others!  It's something that brings me so much joy!

What is your favorite Christmas song?
!I have so many!  Hands down, #1 Charlie Brown Christmas CD, The Linus and Lucy Song! 
 #2, Baby, It's Cold Outside and #3 almost all of the Christmas music performed by Dave Coz!
Followed by, Disco Santa and James Taylor singing, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?
Yummy!  I also like Peppermint Coffee!  And toothpaste!  And Cookies!

Favorite Christmas Movie?

Charlie Brown Christmas

Do you shop online or at stores?
Both!  I love to shop!  I love to shop with my friends and we often meet at different stores just to shop and talk and drink a fountain soft drink together!

Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card? 
I usually send a store bought card, but I love to get photo cards! 
 
Wow!  That's a lot of information!  And it was pretty fun!
 
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! 
 
Thanks for taking time to read this holiday question post!
Kimmie
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment