Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin, Pumpkin, What's Inside the Pumpkin? A Happy Little Science Experiment

Today was a great day to do science experiments with a fall pumpkin!  We weighed and measured our pumpkin.  We also measured the circumference of our pumpkin with a cool piece of yarn!  I offered a differentiated response sheet for my two groups so that I could meet the needs of one group and challenge the other group.


 When I pulled the goop and seeds out of the pumpkin, my kiddies were making faces and saying, "Ewwwww!!"  When I sent the top around for the kiddies to examine, they were laughing and saying, "Wow!  It smells good!  It's such a pretty color! It's slimy on my fingers!"

They really had a lot of fun and a ton of learning going on this morning in Room A-1!  Tomorrow, we'll plant the seeds so that we can grow another pumpkin plant!  We'll also work to discover if a different pumpkin will sink or float!

Thanks, stay in touch and have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment