Today in A-1 we created an anchor chart to tell about -at chunk and the -at word family.
From there we moved into Center activities to practice the word work and trace and write the -at chunk words.
Here's a glimpse of my Center Activities for this week! Enjoy!
Week of December 10th, 2012
Writing Table 123Math Cut and Paste December Calendar Dot to Dot
Puzzles -at Word Wheel Number Writing Color By Words Computers
Activities & Objectives for Centers:
- Writing Table: at word family trace and write
- Color by Words: Sts color by picture codes to identify color words and color a hat in a hidden picture
- December Calendar
- Dot to Dot: Gingerbread Man, front to back, 2 dot to dots
- Word Wheel: at family cat word wheel
- Number Writing: Tricky Teens Gingerbread Number Writing
- Puzzles: animal easy puzzles, knobbed puzzles, oversized & regular puzzles, (Fine Motor, Problem Solving, & co-op play.)
- 123 Math Investigations: Math Story Books, Math Number Puzzles, Math Investigations Manipulatives and Games
- Cut and Paste: Ending Sounds
- Computers: Sts work on computers to practice literacy skills on Starfall.com or Literactive.com, Kids Math (Literacy & Science Skills, Sorting, Classification, Problem Solving, Mouse Practice)
Read Alouds: Gingerbread Man Stories
Word Family Phonemic Sound Chunk: -at Chunk