Sunday, December 8, 2013

Five For Friday Linky Party! Yeah!

I haven't participated in a Linky Party in a while so I'm so excited to join in and link up!  We've been so busy this past week it just seems like a Gingerbread Blurrrrrrr!


Doodle Bugs Teaching

I didn't get this on my page until today!  That's okay to be posted on Saturday.  I'll just pretend that it's last night! 


I've been working on this Gingerbread Science activity for a few days.  It's finally posted on my TpT page!  Check it out!  The Gingerbread Man falls into the water and the kiddies can do an experiment to see what happens when he does! 

 
 
We've been reading lots of versions of the Gingerbread Man.  Here are a couple of the ones we've read so far.  We're going to read the Gingerbread Girl, The Gingerbread Pirates and Get Cookie next week!
 
 
 
 
We also read the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears!  We did a compare and contrast with this story and the Gingerbread Man!  I was so proud and impressed that my boys and girls discovered so many similarities and differences as well! 
 
 
 
Our poem this week was a fun one!  It is the Gingerbread Man Poem, of course!  I make it as interactive as I can by changing the names, and some of the words as we learn them. For example, I use the names of the boys and girls on the blank line, or use the principal or other teachers' names.  Instead of "stop" I switch it to, "run" or "jump" or, "hop."
Here's my Poem of the Week!
 
 
 
 
 
Just like some of our other friends, we had a SNOW DAY!  Friday the weather was terrible!
There was a huge winter storm and school was cancelled!  Hopefully we'll be back on Monday!
I want to read the rest of our Gingerbread Boy and Girl stories!
 
 
This is one of my all time favorite stories! 
 
Thanks for taking the time to read this post! 
I hope you have a great week! 
 
Thanks to Doodle Bugs for setting up:
 
 
Enjoy your week!
Kimmie!

No comments:

Post a Comment